Sunday 2 June 2013

Repeat Printing Stamps

I keep trying to promote my repeat printing stamps, as I think they're the best thing ever!  But I think I might be on my own on this one.  

Anyhoo... Here's a t-shirt I made for my wee man from a simple aztec print stamp that I carved.  I used a Versa Colour Ink to stamp with and then set it with an iron.  I will wash it in a cool wash first to see how it comes out. Versa ink do make a fabric ink pad so look out for that if you want first time success.  I read somewhere though that the usual versa colour lasts just as well with an iron set. 

I love it and so does my eldest son, he would like one too as does hubby...  Do they really or are they just being nice ;)

Here it is...



For George my youngest I measured 11cm down from each shoulder and ran the ruler in a straight line.  I then printed just below the line, joining up the repeat prints along the way. 

I heat set the ink with an iron on hot steam through a tea towel.

Ta Na!  What do you think, Aztec surfer! well nearly ;)

Here it is on show at the fair today along side the other repeat print stamps that I had for sale, again no sale!  Maybe I should let it go and go with all the stamps that do sell.  Oh go on, give it a go and link your blog to me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I design my own stamps to sell and craft with, however if you have your own design that you would like turned into a stamp I can do that for you. I have many stamps done to order and there are portfolio's for you to view.

Please See
https://www.facebook.com/LittleStampStore